was successfully added to your cart.

Cart

How to Catch Up on Credits and Get Back on Track to Graduate

By April 10, 2017 July 26th, 2018 Student Community

Every year, 1.2 million U.S. students drop out of high school.

That’s about one in four high school students who will not graduate. Earning your high school diploma is extremely important. You can learn more in this article.

If you’re thinking of dropping out, don’t. If you’ve already dropped out, it’s not too late.

A large portion of iSucceed Virtual High School students come already behind on credits. And each year, many former “at-risk” students go on to receive their high school diploma.

That means we can help you!

You Don’t Need a Credit Recovery Program to Graduate on Time

iSucceed is not a credit recovery program. A credit recovery program tends to consist of you sitting on a computer, reading documents, taking quizzes and passing the course.

If you failed your course the first time, why would you do better with hardly any support or guidance? That’s not what iSucceed’s about.

We are an accredited, public high school which means our courses aren’t easy. But we do have a few programs and personalized support that will make you more capable of catching up and graduating here at iSucceed than at another school. Learn more below.

How to Catch Up on Credits to Graduate

iSucceed’s academic structure helps students graduate on time or even early. You can learn more about graduating early here. Our curriculum is separated into three courses every eight to nine weeks. By the end of the traditional semester, a student at iSucceed will finish the same 6-8 courses a traditional student has; they just split it up differently.

Here’s how you can catch up:

After you successfully complete an eight to nine week quarter with iSucceed with passing grades, you are eligible to add an additional course. That means you can take four courses every eight to nine weeks for an additional credit! That may not sound like much, but that’s four additional semester courses in the standard school year.

As a refresher, here’s how to catch up on credits with iSucceed:

• Enroll with iSucced. Learn how to here.
  • Successfully complete one block with iSucceed with good grades.
  • Get counselor approval to take additional courses.

Sometimes life circumstances can make it difficult to add on courses. If you are behind and unable to take on extra work, you can still earn your high school diploma. You can stay with iSucceed until you are 21. However long it takes you to finish high school is not important, so long as you do earn that accredited diploma!

Get started with iSucceed today!

Student Testimonials

Don’t just take our word for it. Here are a few other testimonials of online students who caught up on credits and graduated.

“I’ve had a rough high school career that put me in a bunch of different schools and left me behind in credits. Online school has helped me change that and was a great way to catch up and learn plenty of things on the way!

The way I finished was just realizing, I HAVE to do this. Don’t just drop out and give up after working for a couple years on it. Just be motivated and understand that having a diploma helps out a great bit in the real world…Good luck to all of you and understand that it’s all worth it in the end!”
-Joey Hergatt, Graduate

“My experience with online high school was great. I encountered credit problems at the beginning of my sophomore year, so my school recommended taking online courses.

At first I thought it was hard and that it needed a lot of focusing and dedication. Thanks to the help of all my teachers and student advisors, I was able to do so! I even became confident in asking for all the help I always needed, that’s how helpful and nice the teachers and advisors were with me.

Even though I came upon many conflicts and would fall behind on homework, the teachers always had a backup plan to help me move along and succeed. It offered a lot of flexibility!”
Marianna Montes, Graduate

• Do you have a question about recovering credits with iSucceed? Share with us in the comments below!

Join the discussion 136 Comments

• Avatar Sirena prospere says:

Is this for high school students only

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Sirena. iSucceed is for Idaho students under the age of 22. Thanks for the question! 🙂

• is there a way i can get in contact with some one ?

• Avatar Rae says:

Hi I’m a senior and all the classes I’ll take every trimester til graduation, I’ll only have 59 credits but I need 64. Will this help me graduate with my class in 6 months ?

• Avatar Grindi says:

I’m currently in 11 grade and I had to leave school because I was in dcyf custody and I sign of it but didn’t realize school was going to be a issued. Now I’m out of school I’m also a immigrant and dcyf was the one that did all the school stuff for me now I’m stuck and I really want to finish high school. I don’t know what to do. I left school in March.

• Avatar Clinton Perry says:

Can you go to school and still attend iSucceed for classes after school so one can graduate with their friends , in their school and still play sports in their school ?

• Avatar Lashawn says:

So it’s just for Idaho representatives and beneath 21year old no 22-29!?…

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Yes, unfortunately state law only allows students under 21 years of age.

• Avatar Sid moon says:

I just have an question. If you have the grades to pass but not the credits can you still graduate from high school. So far I only think that credit determines if you can WALK across the stage and do other senior activity. but if you don’t have the credits but nice grades would they just give you your diploma?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Sid. You do have to earn the required amount of credits in order to graduate. We can help you get there! Give us a call at 208.908.6250 to get started. 🙂

• Avatar Eddie Taylor says:

Hi I Need 27 credits I Only Half a Credit In 11 grade I need 26.50 and want to join marine care can this help and would it be valid

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Eddie. It can certainly help! We are accredited, so your credits you earn here are valid. Give us a call at 208.908.6250 to get started! 🙂

• Hi I’m the mom trying to find something for my student, his miss his whole junior year because we ever evicted from our rental home and ended up moving out of the school district in his sophomore year, because he was established with the school , a good kid and siblings here graduated from their i was under the understanding that they would let him finish his junior year because I was looking for a place back in the district but they did not let him and when school started was when I found out all over school near me were filled and add waiting list need to find something he’s suppose to be going into his Senior year of high school. Frustrated don’t know what to do looked at other online schools and too expensive for me.

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Athena. We’re sorry to hear what your family has been through recently and hope you are doing well. We are happy to help out how we can. For starters, iSucceed is completely tuition free, so no need to stress about cost. 🙂 We have many students who come to us behind on credits and, with a lot of work and the support of teachers, they catch up and graduate. We’ve even seen some students work so hard that they end up graduating early! If you live in Idaho and your student is under 21, go ahead and enroll with us here, or give us a call at 208.908.6250 and our enrollment advisors will take care of you. Best of luck!

• Hi I’m a senior and I only have 15.75 credits right now but I need to get 22 or 23 credits by the end of this year. Pls I really needed a help

• Avatar Asha says:

I got 10 credits and I’m suppose to be a senior..what should I do to make that up?🤷🏼‍♀️💁🏼‍♀️

• Avatar isaiah doleman says:

hello im 17 turning 18 in October i still have the credits of a freshman but im in class with sophmore because i got held back in 6th grade i need school like this just need to convince my family

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Isaiah. Sounds like iSucceed could be a good option for you. 🙂 We hope this article helps you when talking with your family. Best of luck!

• i failed my algebra 2,biology & english 2 in 10th grade and i have to retake it plus my US history this year while i’m in 11th grade ,every math test i take i fail .

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Corterra. Maybe iSucceed could be a good option for you. 🙂 Our teachers are able to provide personalized support to help you understand concepts and hopefully pass those tests! If you live in Idaho and are under 21, you can apply here or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Michelle says:

I’m a senior and I have 9.05 credits what can I do to catch up plz help me I’ll like to graduate?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Michelle! Certainly! 🙂 Keep in mind that iSucceed is for Idaho students under 21 years old. If this is you, give us a call at 208.908.6250 and get started on enrolling!

• Avatar Elizabeth Laureano says:

I have 11.50 credits and I slacked on quarter 4 .Why?Many things were going on and i moved far and I been missing school and I didnt get credit for 4 quarter .How can I catch up if I am going to be a senior and I dont want to be a super senior and I also want to graduate but go back to my old school.I got kicked out becuase of my credits. What can I do?

• Avatar Anthony says:

I’m behind 80 credits and I’m barley starting my Jr year do you think it’s possible to recover those credits in time so I can graduate?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Anthony. We could certainly help you catch up on credits to graduate! 🙂 Keep in mind you have until 21 to graduate with iSucceed, but let’s chat about your goal to graduate on time. Give us a call at 208.908.6250 so we can better answer your question.

• Avatar Maliah says:

Idk if this is an I need help but I wanted to know and I’m worried about it because I have failed 10 grade English for 10th and 11th grade and it’s really hard can I still pass high school I need the best advice because at this point I’m not that good with that class and it seems i cant never pass it but i pass all my other classes I’m scared

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Maliah. Yes. it’s absolutely possible to pass your courses and graduate! Our teachers can help you, so long as you put in the work too. 🙂 iSucceed is only for students in Idaho under 21. If that’s you, enroll here or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Elizabeth Nichols says:

This is for all teens in high school are just a serten high school

• Avatar Rose says:

I’m 17 & at the end of senior year I have 2 credits & ive been out of school for a year due to family reasons. Can this help me get my high school diploma??

• Avatar Jacson villatoro says:

I live in Atlanta ya can I still do I succeed or do I have to be in a certain state ??

• Avatar Tammy Torres says:

I only need 15 credits to graduate 10 in algebra and five in history and I’m just trying to do it online if I could I’m adult I’m 38 years old and I’m just trying to get it done so I can graduate high school can you help

• Avatar Juan says:

I’m 27 and only need half a credit

• Avatar Angie says:

Hi I’m going to be a junior I’m behind on credits can you help ??

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Angie. Absolutely! Many students come to us behind in credits and get caught up. 🙂 Keep in mind that iSucceed is only for students under 21 who live in Idaho. If that’s you, get started here or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Lina James says:

I currently have 1 credit from freshman year, and My parents withdrew me from the first semester of the 2015-2016 school year so I’ve missed a whole year and a half of school and I need 23 credits to graduate and my graduating class of 2018 gets to graduate next year and I can’t because I dont have the credits for freshman, sophomore, junior and senior year.. someone please help me, how can I recover all of these credits

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Lina. We are happy to help you recover your credits and get back on track to graduate. 🙂 Keep in mind you do not need to graduate with your class; you have until you are 21 to obtain your diploma. If you are a resident of Idaho, please start your application online here. Or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Paola Veeder says:

Hey, I have the same situation did you graduate in time?

• I have 19 credits in I am in 12 grade and I’m about to graduate in May I need help getting my credits up before I graduate. I think it’s because of changing different schools then I’m behind in English but my grades are good they are getting better. Can you please call me at 601-282-4702 I really want to graduate in 2019 with my class I have work so hard….😁

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Asia. Absolutely! We will pass along the note to our enrollment advisors to schedule a call with you. If you’d like a quicker response, feel free to give us a call 208.908.6250. 🙂

• Avatar Jacinta Tupu Ah Sam says:

Hi I’m Cinta and I have 15.75 credits right now but I have to get 22 or 23 credits by the end of this year. Pls I really need help and I dont know what to do or go on to get my credits up..pls

• Avatar Dez Montes says:

I’m wondering if I sign up for this program do I have to withdraw from my school ?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Dez. Great question. 🙂 Yes, you would withdraw from your current school in order to enroll with iSucceed. Our enrollment advisors are happy to talk with you about switching schools and enrolling. Give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar jamarria says:

if i earn credits on here could it add up to my credits in my real school ? like could it make my credits go up in school? so i could be all caught up?

• Avatar Khadra elmi says:

So I have to do credit recovery and I’m 11th grade so can u guys help me to get track on graduation and not be behind thank you😇

• Avatar Bethany says:

I’m supposed to be a senior but I just found out I only have 99 credits. How can you help me?

• Avatar QueShari Christian says:

im slimm..i need 6 to 7 credits to graduate..im a senior but in SC they are now considering me as a 10th grader..HLEP

• Avatar Brenda says:

I’m 18 haven’t gone to school for 2 months and I’m a senior help!!!

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Brenda. We can certainly help you get back on track to graduate! 🙂 You can start your online application here, or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Heena says:

Hi I’m Heena I got held back from 9th grade and I only have 6 credits. Is it possible if I get 14 credits this year will I be a jr or a sophomore. Also if I take 2 regents this year and the other 2 in summer school will I be able to graduate in 2021 with enough credit. I really want to graduate in 2 years and I’m thinking if I take 2 of the regent in school and 2 other in summer and than when I get to 11th grade I take the final regents will I still graduate if I take all regents with all credits

• Avatar Autumn says:

Hi i need to make up 12 classes in order to graduate with my class because I really want to graduate with my class it possible to make up all my credits for 12 classes in one year

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Autumn. Sounds like iSucceed could be a great option for you. 🙂 We help many students get back on track to graduate. You can get started here, or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Salehah says:

My grand daughter is in the 12th grade and is not sure if she will graduate in June, cos it to late to enroll her in this program so she can graduate with her class

• Avatar Lynette says:

I’m in the 10th grade and live in California and im missing 40 credits what can i do? Can i still use this program?

• I was kick out of school on my last year with 4 credit left and I’m 20 years old now what do I do

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Sterling. Sounds like iSucceed could be a great option for you to get caught back up on credits. 🙂 If you’re under the age of 21 and an Idaho resident, start your application here or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Daniel Maldonado says:

Heyy I’m a junior at a public school in California I need 260 credits to graduate and I’m behind 25 credits and is thier anyway I could get them but still graduate at the same school with my classmates ?

• Avatar Stephanie says:

Hi.
    I finished 11th grade with 23.5 credits and I need 24 to get my high school diploma but Im missing 2 core credits.
    Is it possible that I transfer to this program and I earn a high school diploma from you with 23.5 credits to transfer?

• Avatar Rafael says:

So i cant join because i live in arizona??

• Avatar Keyriya says:

I’m in up coming 10th graded suppose to be in 12th grade and graduate next year I need help

• Avatar Zia says:

Hi , i live in dallas texas and i finished 6th grade but my parents withdrew me because we weren’t financially stable yet they no transportation,house etc I currently supposed to be in the 11th grade but i dont have my credits for the 7th, 8th ,9th or 10th what do i have to do to recover my credits so i can graduate with my class

• Avatar John Dutchson says:

So i have 0 credits and i am suppose to be in 11th grade, can i earn credits here before 12th grade starts and then transfer my credits into normal school to graduate?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, John. Sounds like iSucceed could potentially be a good fit for you. 🙂 You can catch up on credits with us and transfer to another school if you decide to do so. You can get started here or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Lee says:

I’m a senior and live in Las Vegas and I’m credit deficient

• Avatar Stephany Castillo says:

Hi my name is steffanny I need 40 credits to graduate from high school this 2019 year I really want to graduate and I worked hard please

• Avatar Alma says:

Hey i am suppose to be a sophomore in high school but i dropped out as a freshmen. I am really behind and i don’t have a single credit to my name. i don’t know what to do?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Alma. We’d love to help you earn your high school diploma! Keep in mind that iSucceed is only available for Idaho residents under 21. If that’s you, feel free to apply online here or give us a call at 208.908.6250. 🙂

• Avatar gabrealle morris says:

i am curently in between 10th and 11th grade but im am supposed to be in the 12th but dont have all of my credits would this help me ?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Gabrealle. We’d certainly can help! 🙂 Many students come to iSucceed seeking to catch up on credits. If you live in Idaho and you’re under 21, feel free to apply online or give us a call at 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Josue says:

Im currently am a junior I have 11.5 credits my principle told me to move after this block I am to get my freshman credits will I-succeed help me on getting my credits of my freshman year so I can go back to my school my senior year. I really want to graduate with my class year

• Avatar Anthony Smith says:

Hi i am Anthony i am a junior and i currently have only 9 credits and i need 22 to graduate next year. My first question is do you do this while your still at your current school or do you transfer out as in like online schooling? Is it possible to make up all the credits i need by next year? Please help me i’m in a crisis.

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Anthony. If you enroll at iSucceed, you would transfer to our school full-time. We can’t promise you will earn all the credits graduated in time, but there are several students who come to iSucceed to get caught up on credits. We’d be happy to help. 🙂 If you live in Idaho and are under 21, you can enroll here or call 208.908.6250.

• Avatar Amanda says:

Hi my name is Amanda and I’m supposed to graduate in May or June but I was withdrawn from my online courses because I was dealing with some terrible things and forgot to continue my work. I live in Ohio and was hoping to graduate this year?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Amanda. Unfortunately, iSucceed is only available to Idaho residents. However, if you live around Columbus, we recommend Valor, a new school opening this fall. Check it out here.

• Avatar Amber says:

I’m a senior in high school with only 5 credits left and it’s already April and I haven’t been to school since December do I have a chance at graduating on time? I live in the US KCMO

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Amber. Unfortunately, iSucceed is only for Idaho residents. We wish you the best of luck in your education! Be sure to research for online schools, there is likely going to be a great tuition-free option for you to get caught up and earn your high school diploma. 🙂

• Avatar Timber says:

Hi, I am currently a Junior with about 12 or 13 credits. I’m trying to graduate May 2020. I’ve tried Primavera online High School but I’m finding the work load impossible. Is there even a chance for me to graduate on time or should I kiss that goal goodbye. I would love to hear back from you guys.
    My email is [email protected].

• Avatar Jaquan Rumph says:

I’m a 11th grader supposed to be a senior the schools didn’t give me the classes I needed I need to know how much would it be for 3 credits

• Avatar Parker Williams says:

Hi I’m Parker I got kicked out of school. Now I’m on the road with my dad and I can’t go t a public school. I got kicked out a couple weeks ago. I need to graduate high school so I can get my education. I need held I have a lot of questions. Can I save my credits from this year? Or do I have to restart . Please get back to me as soon as u can!!

• Avatar Allison Platt says:

Hi I have 14.05 credits and I’m a junior. Will I be able to become a senior in high school next year?

• I’m trying to get better in highschool but i dont know how I’m gonna do that if I keep getting distracted 😞

• Avatar Jane says:

how many credits do you need to graduate because I know it can depend on the school.

• Avatar Clara says:

Hi, I am 15 and just had to be unenrolled from my freshman year due to, too mannyy absences and bad grades. I would like to go back to school next year and i’m wondering if there is anyway I can re take my freshman year online and get credit recovery so that I can be a sophomore next year?

• Avatar bahshshsb says:

okay so i dropped out of high school kinda in 9th grade the first day of the 2nd day of the semester because the bullying was SO BAD, i couldn’t go back. i am supposed to be a senior this upcoming school year (it’s summer) could i Walk the stage anywhere or no? if i did this program. & Again Woukd i be able to catch up

• Avatar Micya says:

Ugh I This would be the 2nd time I failed 10th grade and I’m suppose to be in 12th this year I need help

• I dropped out in the 12 the grade but I want to finish my half credit. Please and thank you. please reply

• Avatar Cherry says:

I have 29.16 credits and I’m A Senior that was originally suppose to graduate by March, and I need help to make sure I graduate by then , please reply

• Avatar Cherry says:

I really need to be in my right grade

• Avatar Faith Marrow says:

Hello my name is faith I need 2 credits how long will I have to be doing online schooling for how can you guys help me ?

• Avatar Pedro says:

I really need help idk what ima do with my life I’m losing a lot off credit plz help im 18 year old and I’m a super senior now I just want to finish my school plzzz help me I don’t got a phone rn but if you got anything to contact me here my mom phone number 661-435-4884

• Avatar Tommy Barton says:

hi, I have 13.50 credits and need 26 by the end of the year to graduate, is there any way i could do this program and public school? I really want to graduate this year so i cant enlist into the marines.

• Avatar Malachi brown says:

Hey, I’m supposed to be a senior next year, but due to moving so much, I couldn’t focus on school. Due to that, I’m behind on a bunch of credits. I have 9.5 credits right now, but need 24 to graduate. I should’ve earned 8 more this year but moved again, now the counselor said I’m not gonna earn any credits this school year. Gonna need to repeat, but I’m getting good grades, I understand the work given to me, I dont understand why I’m not gonna earn any. does Isucceed have any programs for me so I could graduate next year, hopefully.

Thanks

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Malachi. We’d love to help you get back on track to graduate! 🙂 If you live in Idaho and are under 21, you could qualify for iSucceed. Our quarter block schedule allows students to catch up faster than they might at a traditional school. We can explain it better at 208.908.6250 or you can head here to get started and we’ll be in touch.

• Avatar Jose Castrillo says:

So I’m Jose castrillo I’m 18 years old and I’m senior in high school. I have 33 credits and I was wondering is it possible for me to graduate on time if I start this program?

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Jose. We’d love to help you achieve your goal. An enrollment advisor can give you a better answer, but we help many students every year catch up and get back on track to graduate. Give us a call at 208.908.6250. 🙂

• Avatar Marjorie says:

Hello, my name is Marjorie Munoz and I’m a junior about to start my senior year and I have roughly 13 credits. Is it possible that I can catch up and still continue attending my current high school with your help?

• Avatar Nealmiya Smith says:

I’m Nealmiya and I want to finish 8th grade and graduate so I can go to high school I need to catch up on my 3rd and 4th quarter

• Avatar Antonette Hilliard says:

I want to graduate on time but I believe I’m 60 credits behind 2021

• iSucceed iSucceed says:

Hi, Antonette. We’d be happy to help you in accomplishing your goals! Keep in mind that iSucceed is only for students under 21 who live in Idaho. If that’s you, get started here or give us a call at 208.908.6250. 🙂