We are so excited to share some big news: We’ve changed our name to iSucceed Virtual Schools AND we’re now offering middle school!
You don’t have to wait until high school to start your path to a more personalized education from the comfort of your home.
Not only is our online middle school available to 8th grade students, but it is actually a classroom developed for today’s teens.
When you think of online school, you might think of other schools with lessons that are extremely text heavy, have very little graphics and only a few (boring) lecture videos.
But iSucceed’s online middle school is different:
How online middle school works
A traditional school consists of going to a building and attending about six classes throughout the day where a teacher presents a topic and assigns homework.
With online middle school, students log in and learn lessons by reading, watching videos, playing games, etc. In other words, they start with the ‘homework.’ Teachers gather data from workbooks and quizzes to identify areas students are struggling. Then, online sessions are held. Teachers and students log in real-time to discuss difficulty points and expound on lessons wherever needed. These sessions are recorded, so a student can access them later.
If a student has a question, they do not have to wait for the online sessions. They can email, instant message or call their teachers. For additional personalized attention, students can schedule 1-1 online tutoring sessions.
Workbooks, quizzes, exams and other material are all completed online.
Semester-long courses to help students transition easily to online school
New this year: Middle School students will be enrolled in semester-long core classes.
To help middle school students transition smoothly from traditional to online school, middle school students follow a semester schedule on their core classes. Electives courses will follow a quarter schedule, allowing 8th graders to adjust slowly and be able to transition into an iSucceed 9th grade schedule the following school year. Just like a traditional school, students will complete about 6 classes by the end of each semester. The difference is they can do so from the comfort of their homes, but with an updated, award-winning curriculum. And personalized attention from teachers. And a safe way to connect with friends. And awesome school events. And clubs for our students. Need we say more?
A little more about iSucceed’s Middle School
- Tuition-free courses. No fees, no catch, just free.
- 100% online to study in the comfort of home or anywhere with internet.
- Semester-long core courses for a traditional school experience at home.
- Quarter-long elective courses to prepare students for a 9th grade transition.
- Accredited by Cognia to receive a real, quality education.
- A curriculum that’s filled with videos, illustrations, graphic novels and more to enjoy learning.
- Highly qualified teachers and certified counselors to provide individualized support.
Qualifications to Enroll in iSucceed Middle School
Here are the qualifications:
- Students must be an Idaho resident
- Students must show completion of 7th grade OR be a current 8th grader (grades 9–12 are available for high school)
You’ll need to provide some proof of Idaho residency and age with a birth certificate and utility bills. There will be a few other documents needed, like transcripts, to enroll. But an enrollment advisor will work with you to ensure the process is as painless as it can be.
iSucceed Middle School’s first semester enrollments have closed. You can still enroll for the second semester, starting January 24.
- Applicants will be selected following the charter lottery process if more than 150 applications are received
- The application will remain open for semester 1 until 150 spots are filled, or until the end of the enrollment period, whichever comes first